Friday, July 31, 2015

Birthday 'Gator...Tag You're It Challenge #27, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes

Hello,



Time for Tag You're It Challenge #27 to begin...and check out the absolutely darling delight that Anja created to dazzle and inspire us! That little turtle is fabulous - and how impressive is her die-cutting...and colouring....and stenciling...and sponging?  Talk about ever so many idea-sparking possibilities!


As you can tell, I'm smitten with Anja's tag, so I set out to case hers, with a twist.  Introducing my Paper Smooches 'gator, who's smiling not only because he's wishing someone a 'Happy Birthday' , but because he's happy about sporting a 'reasonable' green-and-brown suit coloured with Chameleon pens.


Making this card/tag was quite fun, especially since I only had to toss a couple messed up 'gators before I created "the one."

Please be sure to scope out what my amazing teammatesErinDonnaJeanne, and Kara Lynne -  and our talented guest designer, Betty,  have created...then join us in the gallery! YOU could be one of our guest designers!

I'm also heading to Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,




19 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ooooh, how fun! The colors are amazing. Like how you used that stencil in the background (grin). I also really like the colors and the bit of texture on the big tag under the alligator. Awesome tag!!

Donna said...

I love the fact that you 'tossed out some 'gators' !!! So glad I'm not the only one who won't settle until it's 'just right' :)
Well done, you. Cute tag/card combo :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute!,

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a wonderful CASE of Anja's tag! This must be the most adorable crocodile ever! Love how you colored it!

Geri said...

I'm quite sure that gator 1 and gator 2 were fine...but that beingsaid, gator 3 looks mighty fine in his Chameleon get up! Nice touch with the subtle leaf images and beautifully shaded spotted tag!

~amy~ said...

oh my CUTE.

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my! This is too cute! Fantastic colors and detailing! Got to love that sentiment!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great CASE. Love that little gator guy. Love the embossed dots, and the background stencil on the card. Wonderful touch of the twines.

Marisa said...

Totally adorable!! Love the L8R gator! Fabulous case!!

Kylie said...

Carol, you are really learning how to master those markers! So proud of you. :) The card is super cute too - a real tribute to Anja's card.

Anita in France said...

What a happy dapper 'gater, Carol ... all done out in his sartorial Chameleon splendour ... so cute and so much fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

I love that gator!! I've so much respect for anyone who can manage those Chameleon markers so well! Frankly, I love your entire card - what a wonderful and happy way to celebrate a birthday! Perfectly CASEd yet all your own!

Joyce said...

Too cute! Love your little gator and the overall tag is just darling.

Taunya Butler said...

Your take on this tag was Super Duper, Outta this world CUTE!! What a treat to get to see this fun tag and WOW, how lucky I would feel if I really got to see you l8er!! Love this and again, broken record, I know, love how amazing and how refreshingly talented you are!! Have a wonderful day!!

Kim S said...

You've got these pens figured out! Love your use of these stamps for the layout - "Later Gator" is so fun!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the bright colors on the background tag.

Barb Ghig said...

You are too funny, Carol...this is one really fabulous card! I love how you colored the 'Gator' and your play on words is so clever! I also love how you blended your inks on the tag, too...You rocked this challenge, for sure!!!

anja curvers said...

Wow, wow you have really outdone this one thanks for your sweet comments and that lovely chase of my card. Great job.

Greta said...

Such a fun card & your coloring is great, Carol!