Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Floral Border Heart...STAMPlorations June Challenge: Stamps and Borders, Clean and Simple #296, Just Us Girls #246: Colour Challenge

Ahhh...after another data-driven work day (I already miss having the students around; they're far more entertaining than plugging marks into spreadsheets), coming home to craft is perfect therapy.  My post will be cas, because, as I mentioned earlier, composing coherent thoughts is a short commodity around here.  Quizzical looks from my husband are becoming far more frequent than usual (it's usually the other way around *grin*).  That, my friends, also explains why I'm woefully - as in woe-ful-ly - behind in commenting! Gazing and admiring are happening...stay tuned for the comments soon!!

My card today was inspired by the STAMPlorations June Challenge: Stamps and Borders for my 'images' selection, , the Just Us Girls #246: Colour Challenge, obviously for colours


and the Clean and Simple #296 layout.


My 'border' is the scallop heart die (inlaid), and the stamps are from STAMPlorations. One of the floral grunge was the background for the heart layerss, and the sentiments come from Artful Flutters.  The *b* in  'believe' is a bit wonky, because I stamped it too close to the heart scallop...d-uh me!  Still, in real life, it's not really that noticeable.  It's all about the viewing angle (that's my story and I'm sticking with it).By the way, have I mentioned how much I love these stamps? 


Oh, the bit of green you see...the leaf from my plant is peeking coyly from the edge.  The card wasn't posing properly, so I propped it over the plant tendril.  Adapt and innovate...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day. And yes, I will be visiting all of you, my special people, SOON!!

19 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oooooooooooooooooh I LOVE this 3D Heart CARD!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT....has it been sent to a special someone? I wonder..... I am jealous of that person....a wee bit, but I get to gaze at it here!!! Awesome STAMPlorations sketchy words placed just so, and the 3D. WOWZA, I adore it... !!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card.....love that gorgeous heart! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty :) love the layers !

Kim S said...

I love that heart!! The dimension has such impact!

Nancy said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today and really love your card! Very beautiful 3-D-Heart! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

Darling card using the sketch and the colours. The end is near and the coherent thoughts will return wink, wink :) Thanks for joining us at Just us Girls.

Kay Miller said...

Oh it's just lovely Carol! All of the dies you used are just fabulous and the sentiments in black look wonderful! The little black edge adds just the perfect touch to tie it all together!

Anita in France said...

Sweet card, Carol ... what an amazing dimensional heart! Just think what you'll be doing when all that input has been done! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh lovely card! I so adore the "stitching" panels [on my wish list] -- thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations and JUGS.

ps - THANK YOU so much for perusing my blog today and leaving such fabulous comments! GF that took you some time! :)

Loll said...

Fab card and love how you've interpreted the sketch. LOVE the layers on the heart - so much dimension! Loll xx

Maria said...

Beautiful heart! LOVE it! Great job with the colors, thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Happy Dance said...

Dang girl! You are on a roll! Love the scallopy heart! Way to rock the colors and the sketch. You da bomb! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Carol...you just crack me up! Craft Therapy, we need to bottle and sell it right? I do have to agree with you though it does make me feel better when I am a bit under the weather or stressed, just like ironing a pile clothes, very relaxing. Your card is just amazing...what a fabulous heart, you must share how you did this too, please? Enjoy your time off and can't wait to see more.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous - your multi-layered heart! Your love for the STAMPlorations stamps really shines through here! Thanks for sharing it with us at STAMPlorations. Cornelia DT

Greta said...

Super neat looking card, Carol! Enjoy your summer!

Brenda said...

I too am behind in my commenting Carol, life just has a way of getting in my way. lol Now just let me tell you that I am so in love with this card!!! I am really loving how everyone is inlaying their dies and really must try this technique out! I love the background you have stamped on to your hearts and the colors, it is so cool looking and I love, love how you have placed the words-you take on the sketch is spot on! I guess you know I will probably have to CASE this card from you. lol I just think it is too cute!! Thanks my friend for your kind words-I sometimes need to hear words like that cause my DIL's are not all that fond of me. lol I guess I'm not used to girls and how touchy they can be over odd things. sigh, I keep trying to do better though. Big hugs, Brenda

chera said...

Super cute card!! Love the layered flowers!

Monika Reeck said...

adorable 3D heart Carol and really lovely CAS card.....and love to use that stamp sets from Stamplorationy I follow you I was ordering the same stamp set...you are really my inspiration Miss C, this is a sweet heart card...LUV it

Shannon J said...

Cool beyond COOL!!! I LOVE how you did this...and the sentiments branching out from the heart just add to the cool factor!! Combining inlaid with dimension...brilliant! Not only cool, but beautiful too...sighhhhh....!!!