Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cutie Robot B-Day...Dynamic Duos #53, Retro sketches #64 and 4 Crafty Chicks #142

Traveling 'hither' to visit my family a couple weekends ago, and 'yon' to visit my in-laws this past weekend, has its perks, but talk about missing my card-making!  And my card-making 'friends'!! Thankfully, you were all busily crafting away, designing charming, delightful works of 'pretty' to keep me feeling 'grounded' until I returned...and return I have!  We're journeying 'hither' again this weekend - my family once more. Niece and nephew time are Saturday highlights (hopefully a snippet Friday evening, depending when we arrive), along with officiating at a bike race on tap for Sunday, before departing for home. Betwixt now and then, I have cards to make, and fellow crafters' artworks to oogle and drool over, and comments to write.  Oh, the hectic-ness of it all. Okay, okay...I'm addicted, but that's fine, because I. am. not. alone!

Today's mission was a two-part production, the first of which was inspired by Dynamic Duos #53, featuring
,
Retro Sketches #64, starring the ever-talented Danielle, with this sketch
and 4 Crafty Chicks #142, where the theme is Birthday, Birthday, Birthday.

As good fortune would have it, just before we left on Friday, happy mail arrived from The Alley Way Stamps, so making its debut...ta dahhh...

(My blue paper isn't 'true' Pacific Blue, but I tried to get as close as possible.  Crossing fingers that my blue fits, 
\but if not, I totally understand if my dynamic duo is a 'sort of solo' and has to go...)

the cutie-patootie robot, from Lighter Than Air. 

Need to rush off, as my husband is experiencing a "must eat NOW" episode...pizza calls...

Thanks so much for dropping in; love your comments!!








5 comments:

Leanne said...

Super cute card, thanks for playing our Birthday Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Nicely done!

Tamie said...

Love your little robot, great color combo too. Lovin the whole birthday theme. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creative design with us at 4 crafty chicks.

Shannon J said...

I LOVE this, Carol!! As in L-O-V-E LOVE IT! This challenge has got me scratching my head and crumpling paper, but you just nailed it! The robot holding the cupcake, the polka dots on the black and white paper, and eek, the chevron balloon! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IT!!

Geri said...

So fabulously creative! Love the colors and of course, your absolutely perfect selection of DP! You should definitely be entering this in the Papercrafts Gallery Idol competition where the initial category is kids & teen birthday. A US shipping address is required to ship your prizes to but not necessary to live in the USA to enter.. Deadline for entries is May 27th, so get crackin' girl!

Janet's Joy said...

Ha ha....love the robot holding a cupcake!! So cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!